We're celebrating this 161st Hash with a (not very) diabolical trail conceived by the evil Sir Turtle Head, assisted by your trusty Grand Master, Multiple Entry.
We go to the site here:
|Here we can see the evil Sir Turtle Head in his natural habitat...|
Here's a fine, high-quality walk-through, with some mighty fine pictures of my fingers thrown in for good measure:
...and a proper Strava walk-through. Note that hovering over segments on the right will show specific sections of the trail on the map. The route goes roughly like this:
- We meet at the bus-stop, and walk up all together, going from 0 to 3.6km on the lower graph, or sections 1, 2, and 3.
- Circle up, introductions, and we're off...
- Wankers go from 3.6 to 7.3km, or sections 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Runners on the graph below go 3.5km to 2.2, then 10.8km to 7.3, or sections 4, 3, 11, 10, 9, 8.
- The real circle then happens.
Please remember it's imperative to be on time. The trailhead has many possible paths, so finding the right one requires a little experience, and the walk up is a freaking mountain-bike freeway, so all markings are liable to get erased. Luckily, amateur sherpa Sir Turtle Head will be there to guide us.
Your faithful GM,
** For the uninitiated:
We are a drinking group with a running problem. If that sounds a little de trop, don't worry. It is. We follow hashing traditions, singing songs, drinking beer, and following silly rules. We start with a ~7k run / 4k walk (your choice), then do our circly ritual, sing some ribald songs, and finally we relax, and eat a little. This time we're expecting 10-25 hashers. Come check it out, or join us next time, in 2 weeks.