It's Erection Time!
Saturday March 28th will be the annual general piss-up. This is the moment that will decide the fortunes of the Hash for the coming year. It's your chance to give back to the Hashing community by taking on one of the various jobs that make a Hash a Hash. The more people that volunteer, compete, vie and duel for these positions, the easier each job is - so think of how much you love driving beer around, have a look through the list, and step forward.
Stepping forward, by the way, will involve sending an email to the Hash, with the subject-line "Erections", stating that you would be interested in a given position. Think of it as a little test of your mettle!
Specific positions are:
- Hash Geek - Takes care of keeping the password vault, keeping healthy web-assets, and making sure events are announced in a coordinated manner across the various digital venues.
- Hash Flash - Take pretty pictures of people in the throes of our pagan ritual!
- Hash Trash - Write some libel and slander once in a while, telling the tales of daring doo...
- Hash Cash / Hash Stats - You really need a mattress with an underside for this one, an ability to count to several thousand, and subtract (you would be amazed...), and the blessing of the current mismanagement committee. Keep a little baggie with the hash cash, and do the occasional transfer/reimbursement/scolding...
- Songmeister - Help pass on the lore of the Hash by teaching bad students new songs every once in a while...
- ShutterUpper - Get mad at everybody (or at least act it) during the circle, leaving the person at the center to concentrate on the agenda rather than the bad apples.
- Hasher Herder - Hasher herding is an important job on trips and away-hashes. You would not believe how hard a simple thing like getting on a bus can be when folks are moved by the spirit! Take attendance, keep an accurate head-count, and report on how many hashers we're about to lose, hopefully before the bus takes off!
- Grubmeister - Wrangle food, organize food, make food appear to keep the Hashers from drinking on empty stomachs! Pipe up & help organize coming Hashes by figuring out what people can eat!
- Pecker Inspector - Ewww - it's just like it sounds, and there's this guy who seems to love the job...
- Hare Raiser - Gently practice your Machiavelli, helping folks in advanced stages of largesse volunteer their yachts and summer palaces for hashing activities.
- Hasherdasher - Have a ready supply of patches, t-shirts, knick-knacks, and tchotchkes for spies and locals alike to do their in-flight shopping. This involves driving the merchandising to a degree, and having a car, cargo-bike, or masochistic desire to try & schlep it all in taxis or what-have-you.
- Beermeister - Without a doubt the most important job in the Hash - witness the untouchable and legendary status of Sir Biweekly Deposit - larger than life; larger than his t-shirt - you have to have a car, and some serious commitment for this one. The Beermeister falls through & things get ugly real fast...
- Religious Adviser - It's a religious position and we don't prosecute - need I say more? Burn witches at the stake, convert infidels and give them names, spill a little beer here & there.
- Grand Master - Basically, the Grand Master does nothing, and spends a lot of time doing it. Be the focus of idling complainers, and keep changing stuff so it looks like nothing's changed! Think stuff up for the MMC to do, and then do it yourself! It's a self-starter's dream-job.